Experienced Wisconsin Family Lawyer Handles Divorce and Parenting Matters
Full-service firm assists individuals and families in the La Crosse area
Whether you are going through a divorce, going through a custody battle, or facing another legal issue close to home, Payne Law Office will seek solutions to your legal problems that protect your interests and loved ones. I am well-versed in matters of Wisconsin family law. Parents and divorcing spouses in the La Crosse area and throughout Wisconsin enlist my help to overcome some of life’s most difficult challenges, and I take pride in delivering quality representation.
Dedicated Wisconsin attorney advocates for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, Payne Law Office provides caring legal counsel and advocacy. I can help you with matters including:
- Child support — I will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children in a healthy, happy environment.
- Child legal custody — I assert client’s parental rights to make decisions about how children are raised.
- Visitation/placement — I advocate for parenting time to be divided in a way that gives a child stability and safety while meeting each parent’s schedule and availability.
- Child protection matter — If you find yourself in a situation where you may permanently lose your child due to allegations of abuse or neglect, I can help guide you through the path of reunification.
In all of these matters, I provide knowledgeable counsel at each step to protect your children’s welfare and your rights as a parent.
Focused counselor handles divorce, alimony and property division matters
I help clients to end their domestic relationships with as little stress as possible, but when disagreements can’t be resolved, I won’t hesitate to advocate for your rights in court. Whether your breakup is contested or amicable, I provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — I will guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support — So that divorce doesn’t unnecessarily disadvantage one party, I will help you seek the best possible settlement or judgment for spousal support payments, whether you must pay alimony or will receive it.
- Property division — I will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and debt, ensuring the court has a full financial accounting.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — I draft and review comprehensive prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty should you ever divorce.
You may find that mediation helps you and your partner to achieve amicable agreements about issues involving your children, property and finances. If mediation proves unproductive, however, I am a skilled litigator who will represent your best interests in court.
Contact a dedicated Wisconsin family law attorney
The legal representation you choose will play an important role in shaping the terms of your divorce, adoption or other family law matter. Call Payne Law Office at 612-251-3345 or contact me online to schedule a consultation with a experience family law attorney.